Summer Ending and Stories Beginning

Lucas Gorziglia shares photos from his trip to The Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy. The architectural wonder was Lucas’ favorite sight out of his adventures to Portugal, Italy, France, and Spain. (Collage by: Jessica Rodriguez)

Alexandra Kouropteva, Staff Writer

Summer is one of the most exciting things students look forward to. Some students went on trips to see the world, others hung out with their friends, and some just slept through the whole thing. But it doesn’t mean that they didn’t enjoy their summer. As the school-free time has come to an end, here is what some students did during the summer: 

“For me, my summer was pretty fun, but compared to the other summers that I heard, mine might sound boring. My favorite thing that I did during the summer was going to the Volcano Bay waterpark with my family. The ride that I liked the most was the Ko’okiri ride. It was kind of terrifying at first but then once my sister went down, It looked like a lot of fun. After that, I mainly slept and hung out with my friends, but every once in a while I would go to family gatherings and parties. I think that if I had made more plans with other people I could have done more things and not slept as much. Overall my summer was pretty fine but if it was more social I think I could have enjoyed it more. – Freshman Matthew Luis

“At the beginning of the summer, I was at home most of the time. Sometimes I would hang out with some of my friends, but other than that I did not do anything else. But on June 24 I did go to Spain for two weeks. I went all over Spain, from Madrid, Barcelona, Costa Brava, and the Ibiza Beaches. My family and I had a fun time there and enjoyed all the different places we visited, especially the beaches. After the trip, I did not do much until August 12th. I went to New York to the Metallica concert for the second time with my dad. I was only there for a day so I did not see much of New York but I had fun.” –Freshman Giovanna Colaferri

“Two days after summer ended, I went on a trip to Universal and Islands of Adventure with my friends for 3 days. It was also my first time going on a trip with my friends and it was exhilarating. My favorite rides were The Hulk, Rip-Ride Rockit, and the VelociCoaster. Other than that, I had a bunch of sleepovers with my friends and we went to the beach together a lot. Sometimes I would go to the movies with my mom– I think we watched almost every movie that looked interesting. Towards the end of summer, I did cheerleading practice so that gave me my workout for the summer, but in general, I liked my summer and I’m glad I got to hang out with my friends.” –  Sophomore Ashley Morejon

“I did quite a few things during my summer vacation, starting with flying to Montana and having a road trip to some other states. On June 15th, a couple of days after summer started, me and my family flew to Montana where we went to see Yellowstone National Park. It was a beautiful place everyone should visit one day. After that, we went on a road trip to Idaho on June 17th where I explored Grand Teton National Park. It was a nice sight to see but not my favorite. Lastly, we rode to Wyoming to see Jackson Hole which was my favorite part of the whole trip. I enjoyed the spontaneous scenery. Once I was back home I went to school for a club, DECA, that I go to, and that was it.”-Sophomore Mia Fu

“At the beginning of August, I left for my cruise trip that went to different countries in Europe like Portugal, Italy, France, and Spain. It was a very beautiful trip, and I was very grateful for it. Out of all the countries that I went to, my favorite was Italy. I loved the food, the famous landmarks, and the people. My favorite sight that I saw was “The Trevi Fountain.” It was an amazing place and the architecture was just incredible. Over the summer I also did boxing training and worked out. I enjoyed my summer trip a lot and if given the option to do it again I would.” – Sophomore Lucas Gorziglia

“I think I spent my summer pretty well. Before I went on my trip to Puerto Rico, I spent some time with my friends and we did a bunch of fun things like going to the beach, movies, and the mall. I especially had fun at the movies, where my friend Rose and I watched Top Gun 3 times. I was excited to go to Puerto Rico because I got to go with my friends and family. We went to Old San Juan and stayed at the ElSanJuan Hotel– it was my favorite part. I loved the hotel with its nice pool, room, and especially their daiquiri drinks. We were there for 5 days and made the most of it. –Junior Isabella Alvarez 

Overall, different students had different summer experiences, from seeing beautiful National Parks to visiting amazing countries with different cultures and lifestyles. But no matter how dull one’s summer may have seemed, they all enjoyed it!