Jags’ Top Favorite Holiday Treats

Graphic by Thomas Bogota

Samantha Miragliotta, Features Editor

The Holidays are filled with love, laughter, and giving but arguably the most important thing this holiday season is the treats! All jokes aside, the holiday season is the perfect time to indulge on some of your favorite holiday delights. Enjoy any one of these jags’ favorite holiday treats this holiday season and you won’t be disappointed! Below are some students responses to the question: 

“What is your favorite holiday treat and why?”

“My favorite holiday treat is peppermint bark. I love anything mint or peppermint flavoured. I absolutely love it so much!!It’s the perfect blend of peppermint and chocolate. It’s very crispy, minty, and chocolatey”-Freshman Valentina Mesa 

“My favorite holiday treat is candy canes because they are so delicious and festive! They are the perfect treat to have and share with your family and friends this holiday season. It’s also a classic to have this christmas season!!” -Freshman Leah Miragliotta 

“My favorite holiday treat is cinnamon rolls! Because I love the taste I eat them every single year around this time of year. My mom makes them every year especially for me. I absolutely love them. They are so sweet and taste amazing!!” -Sophomore Megan Lopez-Ordax

“My favorite holiday treat is candy canes, the most festive candy and the best treat that you can have. I also like Lindor milk chocolates and cookies because they’re really delicious and I love being able to decorate them. This is something I look forward to every year!” -Sophomore Sebastian Carillo

“My favorite holiday treat is kind of difficult to make and it takes long. So it is usually only made near December because of my birthday, Christmas, and New Years. It’s called marengo and it’s like a “crunchy cake”!! Because I only am able to have it like one month out of the entire year, I really never can have enough or get tired of it.”Junior Macarena Morales

“My favorite holiday treats are sugar cookies and Christmas cookies. I love to decorate them and enjoy them with my family and friends. Sugar cookies and all types of Christmas cookies are some of the best treats to have this time of year!”Junior Emily Somberg

“My favorite Holiday treat would have to be Christmas cookies. I love to bake them with my friends/family, and be able to decorate them!.”Junior Gabriella Kinsey 

“My favorite holiday treat is hot chocolate balls! They are also super quick and easy to make. They are little chocolate spheres filled with hot chocolate powder and marshmallows. They taste very rich and amazing in your hot chocolate. There also a perfect treat to have when the weather starts getting colder and you want something sweet to help warm you up.”-Senior Melanie Miguel 

“My favorite holiday treat is probably just traditional chocolate chip cookies. My family always takes them out of the oven a few minutes early so they are gooey but they taste amazing! Definitely my favorite!”Senior Molly Mason