What should you expect from Loki season 2?

Justin Betancourt

“What are you talking about? What’s your name? Who are you?” Loki breathes heavily and shudders as he turns around and sees a statue of Kang the Conqueror looming menacingly over the Time Variance Authority, or TVA. With that dramatic cliffhanger fans were left off on at the end of season one, there are many expectations for the upcoming season two of Loki.    

The last season ended with title character Loki, played by Tom Hiddleson, and Sylvie, played by Sophia Di Martino, locating He Who Remains, better known as Jonathan Majors’s Kang the Conqueror. While Sylvie makes many attempts to kill Kang, he urges the pair to listen to what he has to say. It was later revealed that this was a good variant of Kang, and killing him would release all of the more evil versions of him. So, he presents two options: Kill him or Loki and Sylvie take over and run the Time Variance Authority together. After a quick battle and kiss, Sylvie pushes Loki through a portal back to the TVA and kills Kang. When Loki finds Mobius, he quickly realizes that this isn’t his universe’s TVA, but one that is controlled by Kang. 

As Kang promised at the conclusion of season one, there will likely be more of his variants. This was also hinted at in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’s end credits scene, when many different versions of Kang appeared in a stadium arena. Viewers, including PPCHS sophomore Evan Omana, “think that we’re [going to] see more variants of Kang and possibly more of Loki.” Meanwhile, freshman Madison Yodice wants “the more bizarre Loki variants [to] have more screen time. The alligator Loki did not get enough.” While the plot for the season is not clear yet, and appearances from these variants are not confirmed, it is almost guaranteed that Loki running into more Lokis is in the cards. 

Fans are also expecting, and hoping for, thrilling fight scenes. Loki’s battle with Alioth (the big cloud monster) left fans hungry for more battles with vigorous and heart stopping action. 10th grader Tyler Dahkins also craves for “Loki to fight with more magic. And [he wants him] to use it naturally.”

The first episode of Loki season two will be premiering on Disney Plus on October 5th, 2023. It will then be followed by weekly episodes on the 12th, 19th, 26th, and so on.

View Comments (4)