A recognition of service: The Silver Knight’s Ceremony

The aisles of chairs quickly filled up with families and students as they gathered together for the Silver Knight’s ceremony. This ceremony, held on May 22nd, presented awards to high school seniors across all of South Florida who have demonstrated not only academic excellence but also their achievements with community service projects. 

Charter was fortunate enough to have a good number of seniors achieve the highest award: the Silver Knight statue. With this award, students were recognized for their determination to help their community through their educational aspects. Many applauses were given as the following seniors were mentioned or awarded for their brilliance:

Akash Suresh- Silver Knight for Mathematics: Suresh’s experience at the Silver Knight ceremony was an opportunity of a lifetime. “The people I met were all amazing young changemakers with a bright future and the whole atmosphere of the place made it feel like the Oscars,”  he says. Suresh was able to accomplish his award by “leveraging [his] passion for [his] community that made [him] really stand out.” 

His community service projects revolved primarily around mathematics which consisted of tutoring students. Not only that, but Sukesh used “mathematics as a way to push the world forward as I created machine learning algorithms to help non-profit fountains like Joshua’s Heart foundation.” Sukesh’s contributions to multiple non-profit foundations have aided in identifying hunger hotspots and working with FIU to catch breast cancer subtypes at a much quicker rate. 

Each nominee assisted their community in tremendous ways, along with Anaya Andre who was awarded a Silver Knight for Vocational Technical, and Gavin Poore receiving an honorable mention for his aid in business. The 2024 seniors in PPCHS are known as a unique bunch, not only for their pleasant assistance but also for their tremendous talents. 

The CHAT gives their congratulations to the following nominees:

Casey Ameerally- Athletics

Akash Suresh- Mathematics

Gavin poore- Business

Valerie Glen- General Schl

Amogh Baranwal- Social Science

Anaya Andre- Vocational Technical

Valerie Questell- World Languages

Hibba Waqar- Digital and Interactive Media