Sweet Treats by Julie

2024 Seniors plans for the summer

Audrey Goetz

As graduation approaches fast, so does the last summer before all the seniors split up and attend different colleges around the country. Even though there is excitement and much anticipation to have completed high school, these students are trying to make their last summer as kids extremely special. Many of these seniors have big plans this summer to hang out with their friends, travel, and prepare for the new upcoming chapter in their lives. Now let us hear how some of the 2023-2024 senior Jags will spend their summer!

“I want to do something at least 3 times a week. Not just sit around the house doing chores or watching TV (which is what I mostly do). So far since school has been out I have gone to a picnic, bike ride around a park during sunset, a mall, and the movies. And I hope to do much more during the summer. I want to make as many memories as I can with my friends before I never see them again. Hopefully that won’t be true and we stay in touch, but just in case. I actually hope to go skydiving and live to tell the tale. It sounds so grand which is perfect to do before my whole life changes. My dad actually went skydiving after graduating from High School, so maybe it could be like a tradition.”- Isabella Simko, Senior

“I would love to spend a lot of time with my friends that I may not see as often anymore. As well as actually taking a break without the hassle of summer work that the school used to give. I hope to relax and mentally prepare myself for college. I don’t have any specific places I want to visit but I love to go Universal or Disney with just my friends for a day or two. I feel like the main thing I’m going to be doing is shopping for stuff for college.” – Sharmitha Suram, Senior

“I plan to get a bunch of stuff for my dorm while also saving money by stopping the random spending I’ve grown accustomed to in high school.Before I go I just want to see the places that made my childhood special because I won’t be able to in college.” – Samira Butler, Senior

“The way I plan on making the most out of my summer before college is by spending as much time with my friends as possible. I want to cherish all the time I have with them while we’re all here and make as many new memories with them as I can. I am also going to spend this time improving my skills for auditions and organizing future plans. I want to train myself physically and mentally for what is to come so I am ready for all of it. I am planning to go on a girls trip with my friends for a weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. We’re making a bucket list of all that we want to do together to enjoy our final moments together before we depart.”- Jessica Lipman, Senior

“I plan on doing a lot more celebrating and making even more meaningful memories with my closest friends before our lives change completely. Long days at the beach, trips to amusement parks,sleepovers with close friends,and days where all I do is just paint are most of the things I want to do this summer.” – Giovanna Caballero, Senior

Sweet Treats by Julie