Sweet Treats by Julie

Welcoming the new PPCHS leaders: SGA Induction Ceremony

The most awaited moment had arrived for the new SGA inductees as they will be the new council representing PPCHS next school year. As the 2023-2024 SGA class gathered one last time in senior square, they prepared for an afternoon filled with reminiscent memories and an honorary induction. 

SGA advisor, Ms. Alongi, welcomed and began the ceremony by thanking the Student Government class that was able to successfully execute Charter’s biggest events like Homecoming and the Fall and Spring Pep Rallies. After a year of hard work and dedication, Ms. Alongi expressed her pride for the class that she stepped up to sponsor. 

Each member of the current board stood up to then present their speech in front of the class. Reminiscing on the memories that were made throughout the year and thanking everyone who made it so special were all key factors that many board members expressed. Laughter as well as tears were shed listening to the heartwarming messages that the graduating seniors of Class of 2024 had to share as they retired their positions. 

After all the speeches were shared, the current council was asked to walk forward and line up to prepare for the candle lighting. Each student was given a white candle that was individually lit by Ms. Alongi. Every new member was called up to the front in order for the candle to be passed down from the old officer to the new one. After making the exchange, the senior leaders were now officially retired and asked to take a seat.

With the left hand holding the candle and the right hand held upward, the new inductees repeated in synchrony the official SGA oath which promises to uphold the morals set forth by this organization. As next year’s SGA president Jaelyn Perez counted down to 1, the newly inducted officials blew out their candles in unison, officially making them the new SGA board. 

Greeted with hugs and joyful smiles, the SGA class rose from their seats and congratulated the students stepping up for charge. Ending the ceremony with warm conversations and cupcakes to celebrate the last occasion of the year.

“I am beyond excited and honored to be the new SGA president. I am most excited to make positive changes and contribute as much as I can to better SGA as a whole. We have exciting projects in store and I’m excited to see how everything turns out!” Newly inducted SGA president Jaelyn Perez enthusiastically exclaims.

Retired Senior SGA president Kara Warren wholeheartedly expresses, “Seeing some of the members I’ve known since I began my SGA journey to the ones,

I only met this year, was just so heartwarming. We started as individuals and seeing their abilities take over in such inspiring ways this year has been beautiful. I couldn’t be more grateful to have such an amazing class.”

As the newly inducted members take leadership over this organization, the memories and friendships made along the way will remain in the hearts of SGA who not only considers themselves a class, but a family. 

Welcome the 2024-2025 SGA Council who will continue to promote school spirit and lead this leadership class to another successful year here at Pines Charter!

President: Jaelyn Perez

Vice President: Chloe Correa

Recording Secretary: Brielle Gari

Corresponding Secretary: Sofia Mejia

Treasurer: Allex Vann

Historian: Giana Marte

12th Grade Senator: Zoe Cooper

11th Grade Senator: Janeyliz Baez

10th Grade Senator: Reagan Koch

Sweet Treats by Julie