Kisha Williams / Elite Realty

Honor-able Mentions: Charter’s honor societies club presidents 

Becoming the president of any high school honor society will always involve a balance involving its challenges and its positive moments. This authoritative role requires a unique blend of academic excellence, organizational skills, and a genuine drive to make a difference. As the school year comes to a close, these club presidents begin to pass the torch, but the mark they will leave shall continue to shape their respective organizations long after they graduate. 

Science National Honor Society and National Honor Society President: Valerie Glen

Valerie Glen’s leadership and dedication was on full display during her senior year as she simultaneously served as the president of both the Science National Honor Society and the National Honor Society. With Glen’s remarkable commitment, she was able to make such a positive impact through her community service and for the members of both clubs. Since SNHS hosts different club projects such as their campus cleanups, Glen’s leadership and ideas for the club has been able to leave such an exceptional mark on the organization. She expresses “I had a lot of fun! It’s sometimes very stressful dealing with two different honor societies, but it’s very fun and it kind of opens the door for you to make a bigger difference in the school because you have access to multiple different types of students and stuff like that.” Despite the added stress of balancing the responsibilities of two honor societies, Glen thrived. She ultimately graduated in the top 5% of her class.

National English Honor Society President: Shivraj Singh

Shivraj Singh’s quality leadership as the National English Honor Society president has changed the perspective of the club and for all its future members. As he prepares to graduate, Singh was fortunate enough to express his pride at the NEHS induction ceremony to all the incoming students. His words of encouragement allowed the students to feel at ease knowing that they will be able to continue the society’s tradition of excellence. “I see a great group of kids being inducted next year, and while I won’t be able to be there, I’m really glad that they’re going to be the returning members,” Singh says. With being president of NEHS, Singh’s outstanding contributions were further highlighted when he was honored as one of the Outstanding Senior Leaders on March 20th. He even received a special token of appreciation for his relentless service to the school and community from Ms. Sarah Phelps; the NEHS sponsor. 

National Art Honor Society President: Samira Butler 

Samira Butler left a lasting impact on the organization through her unwavering passion for the arts and commitment to community service. Reflecting on her experience, Butler expressed “I loved [the] National Art Honor Society. I liked how even people who weren’t majoring in art could come together to contribute to different charities through art.” Her outstanding work throughout the club not only inspires and sets an example for younger NAHS members, but also allows them to continue the club’s mission beyond her graduation. Through charitable art projects like the Halloween face painting event, Butler and her fellow NAHS members were able to bring their creativity to life and help support worthy causes. Afterall, the power of art is not only to bring people together but also to enact blossoms of change.

As these clubs will resume their progression next school year, these three club presidents will be leaving their legacy behind and continuing to take on their appropriate dreams.

Kisha Williams / Elite Realty