Photos By Lisset

Order on the court: the upcoming tennis season

Juliette Montes

As the tennis season approaches, many students patiently wait until the roster for this year appears. Although some students who tried their hardest did not make it, Billie Jean King, a former number one tennis player once said, “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”

Sophomore Sahana Lonsdale Richard who participated in the conditioning states that last year the tennis team had lots of victories, hoping that if she makes the team she can help them get to the states. Now that the roster is out, she finds that her wishes of making the team have come true. 

Junior Caitlin Cabrera, who will be expected to be team captain next year, excitedly expresses, “I’m so excited this year and I can’t wait to play this season! We have a strong team this year and l can’t wait for our team to compete and be state champions this year!” 

The tennis coach, Coach Gus, is very excited for the upcoming season. He highlights the dynamic duo of juniors Daylia Harris and Caitlin Cabrera, exclaiming, “Brace yourselves for a season of thunderous rallies, dazzling serves, and unbridled passion as the male and female squads prepare to unleash their tennis prowess and create a symphony of noise on the courts. Game on!”

The tennis team has all expressed similar goals of making it to states while having fun. Overall, everyone is excited about what lies ahead and is ready to put in the work to make this season a success.

Photos By Lisset
View Comments (1)