Kisha Williams / Elite Realty

Preparing the leaders of tomorrow: NHS induction ceremony

The National Honor Society here in PPCHS has given all 26 new inductees a grand welcome to this organization. Gathering on the evening of March 7, Charter students came in formal dresses and suits to prepare for an induction ceremony filled with honor and celebration. 

All inductees entered through the middle of the auditorium and sat in the front row with their family members amongst the crowd. Principal Bayer opened this ceremony by giving a welcome and special congratulatory message to all the students who were carefully selected by administrators to get accepted. Following came Vice Mayor Iris A. Siple and NHS sponsor Ms. Palacio who both shared their felicitations for the students sitting before them. 

The National Honor Society is an organization that is based on four pillars that all NHS members are expected to uphold. Along with NHS tradition, a candle was lit for each pillar by a board member. 

First came Scholarship which stands for the academic excellence of students announced by Senior Gavin Poore, NHS Vice President. 

Presented secondly was Service which includes the voluntary efforts of members put forth to contribute to their community in a helpful manner announced by Senior Amogh Baranwal, NHS Recording Secretary. 

The third pillar stands for Leadership which includes the students who are dependable and resourceful people that are problem-solvers as announced by Senior Lindsey Smith, NHS Volunteer Hour Coordinator. 

The last pillar was dedicated to Character which upholds the principles of respect, ethics, and the morals that each NHS member should hold, as announced by Senior Ryan Berman, NHS Treasurer. 

As all four candles lit brightly in the center of the stage, President Valerie Glen led the official NHS pledge. As each member raised their right hand in the air, they repeated the oath to uphold the purposes and principles that the Honor Society stands for. 

Vice presidents Gavin Poore and Sienna Garro then gathered on the podium and read out loud the names of each officially inducted member. They were then to walk the stage and collect their certificate and special envelope written by Vice Mayor, Iris A. Siple. 

Once every student was called, they all gathered on the stage along with the council members for the first official NHS group photo. Loud applause and cheers filled the room as each student was now officially certified. “I am very proud of our new class of inductees and cannot wait to see how they will flourish in this club,” exclaims Senior NHS President Valerie Glen.

As families headed out of the auditorium, they gathered in front of the PPCHS photo backdrop for pictures to remember the night. Cake, drinks, and other refreshments were displayed on a table for everyone to snack on and gather once more in celebration. 

There was a lot of work put in behind the scenes to plan the ceremony, so it was amazing to see it all come together on induction night. I’m really happy for the new inductees, and I can’t wait to see what’s to come for NHS next year!” exclaims Junior Outreach director, Hannah Flores.

The NHS induction ceremony was a special celebration that was able to bring families together for a night of recognition for the Charter students who have excelled both academically and as leaders. In hopes of excelling in preparing students for college success and responsible citizenship, as stated in PPCHS’s mission statement, NHS will continue to prepare its students to become the leaders of tomorrow!

Kisha Williams / Elite Realty