TASCPA

A sneak-peak into SGA’s glamorous Homecoming Week

Mark your calendars for the week of October 30th! Homecoming week ranges from a spirited pep rally and themed dress-up days to the football team’s final home game and the highly-anticipated Homecoming Dance. As the Charter community unites, fostering a sense of belonging that makes Homecoming such an unforgettable experience for everyone involved, the Student Government Association (SGA) gives us a glimpse into the upcoming week:

Homecoming Dance: November 4th, 2023 from 7:00 – 10:00 PM

As the fall season approaches, so does the theme for the 2023 homecoming. SGA proudly revealed the theme about a week ago which is “Hollywood Nights: A Jag Production”. Tickets to attend this memorable night will begin with a limited pre-sale for seniors at $50 on My Payments Plus from October 2nd until the 8th, and re-open for all students beginning October 9 at 2:00 P.M.! With the sweet poster proposals, flowers, and more, senior Athena Gijo confirms, “Compared to last year’s theme where we mainly focused on the presentation of the decorations, this year we are focusing on the students.” By the end of the night, the Homecoming Royalty for 2023 will have been announced, crowning two students in each class. As the Hollywood “celebrities” walk the red carpet with glittery dresses and formal attire on Saturday, November 4th, the school will be transformed into a glamorous venue for dancing, singing, eating, and so much more. 

Homecoming Game: November 2nd, 2023 at 6:00 PM

Representing Charter’s football team for their final home game of the season, each of the 15 seniors will be commemorated and celebrated throughout homecoming week. The game is scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd, at 6:00 P.M. against Pompano Beach High School.

With jersey numbers spread across the cafeteria lunch lines and a vibrant student section, the Homecoming game will bring families, friends, and students together, each cheering on a senior who made their mark on Charter’s team. 

Spirit Week: October 30th-November 3rd 2023 

SGA presents a week packed with school spirit where students will showcase their dynamic duos on Monday, best Disney impressions on Tuesday, favorite celebrities on Wednesday, Jag pride on Thursday, and a blast into the future as senior citizens on Friday. Though all outfits are required to abide by the Broward County Public Schools dress code, the week full of costumes, fun and events will transform students every day of the week. Students in the past have come with inflatables, wigs and so much more, so the expectations for each grade level are high. Along with the unique costume choices also comes fun activities during A & B lunch. According to SGA members Coralie Richardson and Daniel Morrison, the best advice is to “Practice your favorite Disney songs guys and start remembering them.” Be ready for photos and come dressed to impress on the week of October 30th – November 3rd. 

Fall Pep Rally: November 2nd, 2023

Joining over 500 of your peers to the beat of PPCHS’s drumline, the hour and a half of Fall Pep Rally events officially begins and amplifies the spirit of Charter’s student body. Competitive games of tug-of-war, lively performances from Charter’s dance squads, and sprints made by the fall sports teams unleash the Jaguar spirit from everyone in the room. Fall Pep Rally will be Thursday, November 2nd, as Homecoming Week comes to a conclusion. Performances from groups such as the Latin Dance Team, Step Team, Bollywood Dance Team, and others can be expected, along with the National Anthem performed by senior Sebi Reyes-Farinas. Stay tuned for $5 ticket sales on GoFan for the upcoming “Rodeo Rally”!