Photos By Lisset

Best moments from the spring pep rally

Just before Spring Break, students from all grades were embraced with Jaguar Pride in more ways than one. With the Spring Pep Rally on the last day before the long-awaited break, SGA was able to bring the student body together through laughs, chants, and love for PPCHS. However, some moments stood out on their own and made their mark throughout the hour-long event through their uniqueness and personality.  Here are some of Spring Pep Rally’s fan-favorite moments:

Varsity girls soccer team and varsity boys basketball team introduction

With the Spring Semester comes the season of spring sports. Although many had their doubts and bets on both of the teams, they both broke down barriers that were cast against them through the connection between the team and the dedication to stand out. 

With the girls soccer team introducing themselves through the soccer trend involving legendary soccer player, Lionel Messi, they were able to get a final laugh and eruption of cheers from the crowd. 

“It was a good way to show the background of our team. Just basically, that we are a fun team. Our celebration showed that we all get along very well and it was a good example of our team and how we are on and off the field,” comments sophomore Madison Casanova. 

For the boys basketball team, after their domination at the state championship, in which they won another trophy, the energy from the crowd was one for the books. As star players, seniors Joshua Harris did a back scratcher dunk while Christian Smith did a tomahawk dunk which made the crowd break into cheers and excitement for the team and their overall success. 

As Christian Smith walked off the court for the last time after his dunk,  he was reminded of all the good times he had during his 4 years. “I was just happy to be a Jaguar.”

JV cheer team collab with Charter’s beloved teachers

Shock filled the crowd as jaws dropped once students began to understand what the JV cheerleaders had up their sleeves. The girls had orchestrated a small dance to the song “Fergalicious” by Fergie along with well known teachers amongst the students. Ms. Blanco, Ms. Ramos, Ms. Brandt and Ms. Haim are just a few of the teachers that were paired with each cheerleader to complete the dance. 

Sophomore Kristen Colom was paired with Ms. Haim, current math teacher, and the journey wasn’t so smooth. “The process of getting teachers to agree was really hard as a lot of them had complications with scheduling and others just weren’t so interested.” 

However, it was all worth it in the end as laughter and screams of encouragement for teachers filled the gym while the teachers kept up with the cheerleader’s dance moves. Not only that, but the cheerleaders were able to bond with their fellow teachers in a different way outside of the classroom through the thrill of dance. 

Step team’s eccentric performance

For one of the first performances from any club, the Step Team made their stunning introduction through their well rehearsed and choreographed dance. Their show was filled with tunes from icons Beyonce, Megan Thee Stallion, Chloe Bailey, and Ice Spice. With each step and stomp, it held strong meaning to each of the members, which was not only noticeable to the audience but enchanting. With chants coming from the audience and lyrics echoing throughout the gym, it was clear to the team that they had made their mark. 

Captain Alexandria Williams, who is now a senior, reflects on the inspiration which led to the final aspect of their performance: “At the end of our performance, we did senior dedication where each senior created their own step, which will hopefully be something they can remember as they continue their journey into the real world.”  From their growth from last year to this year, it truly made them stand out from the crowd of students and clubs with their dedication to their work. 

Bollywood dance team’s powerful show

A showcase of culture shined through the exhilarating and powerhouse of dance moves from the Bollywood dance team. First, it began with jumps, twirls, and calculated dance moves in which the girls on the team came together with a sense of pride to display their culture to Charter. Alongside Bollywood music, there was an addition of hip hop music which made the crowd rise to their feet in support. The performance seemed to go on for 10 minutes as the team kept reaching for excellence with their dance moves and new techniques used to enchant the audience. For many on the Bollywood Dance Team, it was only the beginning of this beautiful journey that would hopefully continue on for years to come.

Freshman Jasmine Sthapit comments on the beauty of performing for the dance team during her first year of high school. “The bond I was able to build among the team is something I’m super grateful for. I’m beyond excited to continue on and make even more memories,” she explains.

The Dance Team’s take on hip hop culture

For the last performance of the day, the anticipation was rising throughout each side of the crowd as the dance team stepped onto the middle of the gym floor, turning it into their very own dance floor. The main question surrounding the performance was “What was going to be the theme for their song choices?” As soon as the choices started to flood the mind of the audience, Nicki Minaj began to play on the speaker. The loud scream of each side of the crowds flooded the floor, hyping the dancers up even more. 

Each dance move being mesmerizing and synchronized, it led to the perfect look from the audience. Not only that, but the availability for each dance member to have their moment, whether that be a solo dance piece or a quick interaction with the audience. As the performance came to an end, the seniors on the team came to the middle of that floor all owning their last moments on the team. With smiles on their faces and passion in their dance moves, the final seconds to the hip hop piece was made memorable. 

Senior captain of the team, Sienna Garro, put everything into the planning and execution of the dance itself which all started with her fascination and inspiration from Usher’s Super Bowl performance. However, when speaking on the fact it’s her last year, it was clear that this performance was going to be the best yet in the whole year. 

“It was a culmination of all our hazard work and dedication, which we put into this routine for 3 months.” When speaking on the meaning of her work for the dance, Garro made sure her heart and passion for this sport was accurately displayed. “I put my heart into making every step count, creating a memory that I, my teammates, and the audience would never forget.”

When senior Ryan Romero stepped out onto the middle of the gym dressed like Jack Sparrow for the last time, it was known to all that the last pep rally of the year was coming to an end. Tears were shed by seniors from every team and club all while showing their gratitude to their peers for making this event so important to them. With raw emotions and different performances throughout the spring pep rally, it was a total success through and through.

Photos By Lisset