BJs Restaurant

Charter construction doesn’t halt Class of ’27

Welcome Class of 2027!

At Pembroke Pines Charter High School, in an effort to make the environment as welcoming as possible, the incoming freshman class had the opportunity to explore the school on August 7th, two weeks prior to the first day of school, to eliminate any first day anxiety. While a school tour was not permitted due to construction, the administration made do, even joking about the unfortunate situation and remarking that hard hats would be needed in order for a tour to be given. 

But even though the freshman orientation was forced to remain stationary in the River of Grass theater, the new students still learned valuable information about the ways of Charter. With talks across the administration board, students learned about the different resources they are allowed and encouraged to use, including their guidance counselor, Mrs. Plasket. 

Freshman Gian Carlo de Bastos said, “It was definitely informational, but a bit useless for anyone who went to middle school at the Academic Village campus. I did, however, learn more about the drop off and pick up locations.” 

Other information and resources provided included bus routes, lunch details, advice from the guidance staff, and a glance of a day to day bell schedule. 

The CHAT newspaper welcomes the new freshman class of 2027 and wishes them luck on their first week of high school and the journey that lays ahead!