Salon 184

Melodies of Love: Charter’s favorite Love songs!

Marissa Levinson

Once the calendar hits February, it is officially the month of love. From pink and red decor to hearts all around, everyone cannot wait to celebrate sweet times with the people they love. Oftentimes, people make the most of this month with festivities throughout—whether that’s a romantic dinner, picnic on the beach, or another celebration, a lot of intricate planning is put into these relaxing days so that a good time is guaranteed. In addition to flowers, good music is a must for a successful Valentine’s Day, as it always sets the right mood. To guide you, here are some of the best love songs (and their artists) according to the students at Charter! 

“My favorite love songs sometimes bring me sadness because they are usually very calm and have a sad meaning. But, sometimes when I listen to songs such as “Falling in Love With You” by Elvis Presley, it brings out a soothing and happy, almost sweet, emotion!” –Alexandra Kouropteva, junior

“I think that Prince Royce is one of the best musical artists when it comes to love songs because you can tell his music comes from the heart, and since his main genre is bachata, it gives people a reason to dance, and helps connect people in different ways.” –Natalia Sarria, sophomore

“I think Bruno Mars creates the best love songs because he seems so genuine with his words, and it’s always so catchy and stays in my head all day.” –Kayla Cook, freshman

“[Love songs] make me feel hopeful that genuine love exists and that I can achieve it one day.” – Jaelynn Brown, sophomore 

“In my opinion, TV Girl creates the best love songs. I would say their best love song is “Lovers Rock.” It captures the essence of youthful romance, and its catchy lyrics evoke a sense of longing and whimsy, which resonates with listeners who relate to the complexities of love and relationships. Ultimately, what makes it the “best” love song is subjective and varies from person to person, but [TV Girl’s] blend of musicality, lyrics, and emotional resonance certainly contributes to its popularity among fans of indie and alternative music. Their music always resonates with me.” –Krystal Elliott, sophomore 

“I think Jhené Aiko creates the best love songs because she is emotionally raw and has a vulnerable style.” –Jaya Knight, sophomore

Salon 184