Kisha Williams / Elite Realty

Mickey, Minnie, and more nostalgic characters make their comebacks for Disney Day

PPCHS Spirit Week – Day 2

Disney movies and the culture of their lovable characters have been instilled in students since they sat criss-cross, applesauce eyes wide open, mesmerized by the animated wonders displayed on TV. Princess gowns, superhero capes, and villain attire were often common costumes among the trick-or-treating streets on October 31st. Now, this nostalgia makes its comeback for day two of Spirit Week: Disney Day, simultaneously with Halloween. 

“For Disney Day, I dressed up as Stitch because Lilo and Stitch has always been one of my favorite movies and it was the perfect time to bring my Stitch book bag to school while wearing the best onesie ever. Disney was being so real when they said it’s the happiest place on Earth.” -Lealia Taylor, Sophomore 

“I’m […] doing Iridessa, and my friend is doing Fawn. Tinker Bell is one of my favorite movies of all time since I was a little kid.” -Anaya Andre, Senior

“The reason why I chose to do Slinky is because Toy Story is one of my favorite Disney movies, and dogs typically represent loyalty so I wanted to implement that into my outfit.” -Mr. Sanchez, Social Studies Teacher

“We decided to do Teen Beach Movie, so we split up half bikers and half surfers, and it worked out great. I had a lot of fun getting together and [having] people guess what we were and singing the songs from the movie.” -Leah Miragliotta, Junior

“I’m dressing up as Stitch because it was the only other Disney onesie my friend had. I’m not matching with anyone, but me and my friends are wearing really weird shoes.” -Bernardo Barros, Senior

Whether for the laughs, the sentimentality, or the evident Halloween spirit, Disney Day proved to be cherished by Pines Charter’s students, teachers, and staff alike. The 2023 day goes down in Spirit Week history as the school anticipates the Pep Rally and Homecoming festivities in the upcoming days.