Salon 184

If you were to win a Nobel Prize, what would you win it for?

Juliette Montes

On October 2nd, at 11:08 AM, the Nobel Prize for Chemistry and Medicine was awarded to Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman for their help in lessening the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The pair worked on the mRNA vaccine, which helped lead to this. The Nobel Prize is a prestigious award that is not given out for just any ordinary task. It is awarded for people’s hard work and great achievements. 

Between 1901 and 2022 the Nobel Prize has been awarded 609 times. There are 6 types of Nobel Prizes that can be awarded:  Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, and Peace. However, what if there were more than just those categories? If you were to win a Nobel prize, what would you win it for?

“I would win it for best side-eye.” -Micah William, Sophomore

“I’d probably win it for swimming because I’ve been doing it for almost 8 years.” -Madeline Santos, Freshman

“I think I would win it for [being the] least confrontational.” -Kiara Aurelian, Sophomore

“Eating food due to the high lengths that I will go to try food from different countries worldwide and branch out flavor palettes!” -Reyna Kannan, Freshman

“I would win it for procrastinating and doing good on my assignments.” -Gabriela Salazar, Freshman

“Math! For sure” -Carter Chen, Junior

“Being the most creative person in my friend group, or being the most sarcastic person in my friend group.” -Reagan Koch, Freshman

“I would win one for being the coldest person in the world.” -Isabella Cioffi, Junior

“I would win a Nobel Prize for inventing something new, like some sort of medicine, or maybe cure something like cancer.” -Zachary Samuels, Freshman

“Ranting about music too much.” -Diedra Pabon, Junior

“Probably for always being able to give someone a pad.” -Carolina Argüelles, Senior

“Being the best kid in my Spanish class.” -George Reynoso, Sophomore

“I think I would win it for best laugh.” -Valentina Sanchez, Sophomore

“I would win a Nobel Peace Prize. I would bring world peace through diplomacy as a writer, and through my literature, I would bring world peace!” -Shivraj Singh, Senior