CHAT Chime In: Welcome back!

Welcome to Pembroke Pines Charter School’s newspaper, The CHAT! We are so excited to begin the 2023-2024 school year. 

Whether you’re a freshman still looking for how to get involved, or even if you’re a senior that’s ready to graduate, you have come to the right place! The Charter High Academic Times (CHAT) is for all students, teachers, administrators, and more to enjoy. Here are a few updates for this year:

You can write for The CHAT even if you aren’t in our class!

• Our NEW “Columns” section is now open and ready for submissions! Keep track of our social media, where we post a quarterly theme for this section. Students, teachers, administrators, and alumni are welcome to write for this section as long as the story corresponds with the theme of the quarter. The first quarter will be all about experiences, specifically, summer experiences!

Videos, videos, and more videos!

• Keep up to date with our Tiktok and other social media platforms, where YOU can be featured on our videos! Make sure to read our stories to participate in our interactive videos. 

Pitch a story to us! (We don’t bite).

• If you hear or see something that could potentially be a newsworthy story, tell us! Anywhere from emails, Instagram DMs, and physical letters to room C117, let us know what’s on your mind and important topics that you would like to see in our newspaper. 

Thursday Night Football and more!

• Get ready for action-packed sports coverage including on-field reporters, cameramen, and… DRONES! The CHAT prioritizes coverage from ALL PPCHS sports. Stay on the lookout!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information about our newspaper, inquiries, story ideas, and anything else. Visit our staff page to see our staff profiles where you can contact us individually, or stop by room C117 (Mr. Fagen’s room). 

We hope you are excited as we are, and remember to stay informed! Follow us on Instagram and Tiktok. But, most importantly, keep our website saved and ready to read our published stories every week.

We wish everyone a great and successful school year!

View Comments (2)