A Classroom With Halloween Spirit

Alexia Rivera, Celebration Specialist

Around Halloween, people are determined to find ways to get into the spirit and have a good time. When it comes to a school environment, English teacher Mrs. Altimore has found a way to perfectly encapsulate the Halloween spirit. Every year, she celebrates Halloween by decorating her classroom, dressing up, and dedicating classroom time to have her students read aloud their scary stories and poems. Pumpkins, skeletons, and darkness fill the room as students read to their peers. This tradition is one that many students enjoy and look forward to. When it comes to PPCHS’s ways of celebrating Halloween, Mrs. Altimore’s spooky classroom is an unforgettable experience. 

“I thought it was really cool. When I walked in I was surprised because I didn’t know what to expect even when she was telling us about it. I definitely didn’t think she was going to go as far as she did with it”- Freshman Ainsley O’Donovan

“None of my teachers have ever really decorated their classrooms to this extent. I thought it was really cool how she dressed up and went all out.”- Freshman Amaya Jorge

“I really enjoyed how spooky and funny my friend’s poems were. It was a very fun experience and it was a perfect way to get into the Halloween spirit.”- Sophomore Andres Gomez

“I really liked seeing how much work Mrs. Altimore put into her room and how much her normal room transformed into something dark and scary.”- Sophomore Asher Wheatle