A testimony of hope: First Priority’s Invite Week

Every third day of the week is the typical meetup day for First Priority. However, February 28th marked a special Wednesday for this club. This wednesday was First Priority’s first Invite Week of the year. A week in which First Priority members invite as many of their friends to come join them. Gathered in room U113, the rows filled up with people ready to listen to an empowering message by a special guest speaker.

As First Priority mentor, Adriel Gonzalez, introduced 21 year-old guest speaker, Alex Gutierrez, students directed their attention to the church leader standing in front of the room. As Mr. Gutierrez shared his powerful message of loss and struggle, he also shared his experiences as a High School student. The students that filled the room became attentive listeners as they heard his speech and resonated with his words. 

In the stage of life where teenagers are growing and figuring out where they belong in the world, Mr. Gonzalez was able to serve as a reminder that those who seek God will find them. Amidst the struggles life can present, his testimony was able to shine light on how Jesus forgives and cleanses the soul from sin. 

Once the talk was over, First Priority leaders passed around warm slices of pizza and sprinkled cookies to everyone who listened. As people ate their food, they discussed in optimistic chats the lessons each took away from Mr. Gutierrez’s speech. 

Invite week is a great opportunity to introduce students to our club. It helps us reach out to students and connect us with those who are interested in learning more about the faith!” Co-President, Hannah Flores, exclaims. 

This event was a great way to bring students together and plant a seed of hope. No matter the struggles being faced as a growing teenager, there is always an opportunity to look for a positive outlook. With a special message from Alex Gutierrez, First Priority was able to bring PPCHS a step closer in faith! 

View Comments (1)