Photos By Lisset

The Last Ride: Boys Varsity Senior Night

The Varsity Jags hosted Hallandale High School as their last game of the regular season, but more importantly their Senior Night. It was a night to remember, the Jaguar Den was full of people with smiling faces and tears of joy. Family, friends, and loved ones came together to congratulate the Seniors on their high school basketball careers.

The seniors honored were Joshua Harris (committed to the North Florida Ospreys), Solomon Hughes, Ramez Zayed, and Jeremy Elyzee who committed to the University of Southeastern Louisiana. Each player has given their absolute best day in and day out, and put their heart and soul into the game of basketball. That being said, the night being so emotional would be an understatement.

Each senior had their time to shine, as they walked across the court gifting flowers to their parents, being praised for their high school accomplishments, and taking pictures with those there to support them. Starting senior guard, Solomon Hughes, said, “It was a night where I truly felt loved, supported, and appreciated.” 

Starting point guard Ramez Zayed expressed, “It was really emotional for me, I learned so much this season from the coaches and my teammates, and just handing my mom the flowers hit me in my heart.” Ramez further conveyed his sentiment saying, “It’s sad being my last year of basketball, but we are hoping to end the season on a high note.”

With everybody’s emotions running high, the boys knew that they had to come out and win, and that’s exactly what they did. The Boys Varsity Jaguars ended up defeating Hallandale in a 83-67 win. The seniors were the stars of the night with electric dunks from Jeremy Elyzee, Joshua Harris and Solomon Hughes each having 18 points, and Ramez Zayed leading the pack with 22 points.

Although this was a bitter sweet moment for the team, being the seniors last game and all, the Jaguars are third in their district with an 18-3 record, and are looking to start a playoff run. As this concludes the regular season, so much more basketball is left to be played.They are looking forward to the ultimate goal; a state championship for the last ride.