Spooky season has begun: Charter’s favorite Halloween traditions

The clock strikes twelve. A new era is entering as Halloween sets in. Various spooky decorations are being set up outside of homes. Aside from decorating, there are many other ways people choose to celebrate this season. From trick-or-treating and carving pumpkins to purchasing pumpkin themed items, this exciting holiday entails several different traditions:

“My mom puts up hay bales and pumpkins at the front door and she places cinnamon scented brooms so we get the fall festive vibe!” -Jada-Li Drummond, Sophomore

“I carve pumpkins, paint them maybe, decorate the house all spooky and decorative for Halloween, and lastly go trick-or-treating with my friends.” -Nicholas Rodriguez, Junior

“I’m always the one going all out decorating my house, and my mom [dresses up] as a different guy every year. Two years ago was Freddie Mercury, and I forgot what last year was.” -Reagan Koch, Freshman

“We decorate a lot, buy fall candles, and on Halloween night our friend has kids that want to go trick-or-treating. I’m not a big candy person, so we just walk with her and keep her company. Go door to door and trick-or-treating too.” -Saydi Major, Junior

“I bake cookies and watch scary movies.” -Adia Smith, Freshman

“All my family comes over and we have a pumpkin carving contest.” -Giada Porven, Sophomore

“There is a swim party for my club swim that we go to every year.  But on Halloween, we get ready and dress up and then we visit my grandparents and hand out candy with my cousins and then we go home and walk around in my neighborhood and visit my aunt across the street and then eat all the candy.” -Madeline Santos, Freshman

“I just go trick-or-treating!” -Reyna Kannan, Freshman