Kisha Williams / Elite Realty

Lights, camera, dance: The new season of Dancing With The Stars

Gary Smith

Anticipation is high as Dancing with the Stars returns for its 32nd season. Fans have always enjoyed seeing which teams win the mirrorball trophy since the show first aired back in 2005. Up until this past 31st season when the show became available only on Disney Plus, Dancing With The Stars always premiered on ABC. Despite this recent move, this season is returning to ABC, while simultaneously continuing to be on Disney Plus. The show follows a variety of weeks in which the various dancers have a chance to showcase their work for the judges who score them; however, some get eliminated each week until the final. From the fun, themed nights each week, to voting for your favorite team, the fans love it all. With a whole new energy this season from all the unique dances, students at Charter definitely can say there are a few eye-catching teams: 

“My favorite team is definitely Xochitl Gomez’s team! I am confident that they will win. She has so much spunk and just got a super good score on one of the more recent episodes.”- Reagan Koch, Freshman

“I am definitely on team XV, I really adore Xochitl Gomez! She is a very good actress, and she is developing into a very good dancer as the show goes on!” – Mia Plasencia, Sophomore

“I’m on team Adrian Peterson and Britt Stewart because I feel like they have a very unique background that sets them apart. Britt is a running back that got paired up with a pro dancer so I’m really hoping they get far.”- Maria-Valentina Cabrice, Freshman

“Personally, I don’t not think my favorite team [Rylee Arnold and Harry Jowsey] will make it because he is not the strongest dancer. I really only like that because they work really well together and have great chemistry. Although he has gotten a lot better, there are three other teams that I believe will make it to the finale. The three best teams I believe will make it to the finale are Ariana Madix and Pasha Pashkov, Xochitl Gomez and Val Chmerkovskiy, and Jason Mraz and Daniella Karagach.” – Gabriella Gittens, Sophomore 

“I am on team Val Chmerkovskiy and Xochitl Gomez but mostly Val. My favorite dance from this season by far is the most recent one, week 5. Xochitl wore her Quinceañera dress, it was cute. I was like ‘aww,’ and they also got their first 10. But the reason I loved this so much was because I love Val, and I love when the contestants are really young cause I feel like there is just more growth, it’s more interesting and just more relatable.” – Peyton Goetz, Senior