Sweet Treats by Julie

The season of spookiness, giving, and pumpkin spice has arrived!

Makenna Angeletos

As the year enters the -ber months, leaves start to change colors, rainy, cloudy weather begins to fill the air, and the aroma of baked goods begins to engulf homes—a certain season is approaching. As soon as the clock hit 2:50 a.m. on September 23rd, fall began. From watching films like Gilmore Girls and Coraline to choosing which costumes are going to be worn on October 31st and celebrating Thanksgiving, fall is a season for all. While many places are gearing up for the winter season, there are still many at Pines Charter who have sacred fall traditions to do before the holidays begin:

“I usually paint pumpkins with my friends for Halloween. Every year for Thanksgiving, my family and I go to Busch Gardens. We ride all the roller coasters on Thanksgiving day.”- Alexa Shamus, Freshman

“For Thanksgiving, it’s a tradition that we meet up with our family. That’s why we are going to Michigan this year!” – Connor Geskus, Freshman

“My fall traditions are to watch scary movies every Thursday and Friday leading up to Halloween. I also like to watch Gilmore Girls and bake cookies.” – Mia Cichero, Sophomore

“I travel to New Jersey and go to a Fall Festival where I do different activities. I also watch Gilmore Girls, I watch it every fall.” – Kaylee Suyama, Sophomore

“I’m always on my way to Bath and Body Works to get the fall-scented candles. Then [my family and I] decorate the house and we plan something big for Halloween, whether it’s like scaring people or just plain candy giving. Sometimes, the neighborhood has a trick or treat for the little kids and I go there to help.” – Saydi Major, Junior

“When I was younger, I never celebrated Halloween, but now that I do, I like to watch old Disney Halloween movies. I also like to watch the “31 Nights of Halloween” on Freeform, where I like to watch Ghostbusters, The Wizards of Waverly Place Halloween episode, Twitches, and Twitches 2.” – Lady Zuriel Ayebah, Senior

“I like to bake and go to Halloween Horror Nights. I also watch horror movies, my favorite is ‘Blair Witch’, which is the scariest movie I’ve ever watched in the [movie] theater.” – Ms. McCormick, Science

“I celebrate Thanksgiving and watch football with friends and family”- Mr. Schwartz, Global Perspective, Business

“I go to Apple Orchard and I eat apple cider donuts and drink apple cider. I like to travel to places where the leaves change color.” – Ms. Haim, Math

“I get ready for winter, Thanksgiving, and Halloween. And watch football.” – Mr. Kapela, Science

View Comments (2)