Dolphins bring “Hard Knocks” to the 305

Madeline Albear

The Miami Dolphins are the face of the NFL right now, from the crazy touchdown celebrations to record breaking games. The Dolphins are leading the AFC East and tied for second in their conference with a 5-2 record. 

The team’s latest accomplishments have caught the attention of HBO and the makers of the NFL Hard Knocks series. Hard Knocks is a reality sports documentary that centers around one team, and takes fans through the ins and outs of its organization. Fans get to see their favorite teams practice, witness player meetings, and all around behind the scenes footage during the pre-season.

However, the Fins recent successes has caused HBO to create the show. Instead of pre-season footage, the Dolphins will be the first team to be filmed during the regular season. This will take the audience through pre-game, practices, post games, and recovery, allowing fans to see the NFL from a whole other perspective. This honor is definitely well deserved considering what the dolphins have done this season so far.

Quarterback for the Fins (Tua Tagovailoa) is averaging about 300 passing yards per game, and is on track to surpass his passing yards from last season- 3,548- by week 12. Star wide receiver for the team, Tyreek Hill a.k.a The Cheetah because of his natural speed, has 902 receiving yards in only 7 games. This isn’t even the most impressive thing the dolphins have done this season. In Week 3-against the Denver Broncos- the Dolphins broke the NFL all time scoring record, embarrassing the Broncos 70-20.

The Dolphins have shown a tremendous amount of grit and determination this season, and are considered to be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NFL. They’re on track to be a serious problem in the playoffs and potentially Super Bowl contenders. If they do end up making it to the Super Bowl, Hard Knocks might just explain their journey to win it all.