BJs Restaurant

Charter’s most anticipated albums for 2024

Zoe Porcia

As people enter the year hoping their favorite artists release new music, it leaves a lingering feeling of what is to come. A new single? A new album? With Taylor Swift announcing her upcoming album, The Tortured Poets Department, at the 2024 Grammys and Ariana Grande’s new album, Eternal Sunshine, marking the singer’s comeback to the industry, the pumping out of new music is a stressful time for artists. 

The desire to reach milestones such as being in Billboard’s Hot 100 or receive a nomination for a Grammy only adds fuel to their fire of trying to make the best albums of the year. With records continuing to release, there are still many at Charter who cannot wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for them in the world of music:

“With new music, I know that Romeo Santos with Aventura just announced a new tour yesterday, and I’m trying to see if I can go. He’s coming to Miami, and I need to go. I’m definitely pulling up. I’m also really excited for Bad Bunny’s tour too. I’m really looking forward to Shakira’s new album, too, that’s coming out in March.”- Carolina Argüelles, Senior

“I’m not really excited for any new albums; they’re all repetitive.” –Eshal Farhatullah, Freshman

“Laufey is coming out with Goddess on March 6th, and I’m so excited!” –Diedra Pabon, Junior

Vultures 1 is overrated.” -Tyler Keegan, Sophomore

“It’s so overrated. I hate all of it! I just like old school R&B, Hip Hop; that’s my stuff.” –Valentina Sanchez, Sophomore

“I’m kind of confused why Taylor Swift’s new album name [The Tortured Poets Department] is so long. It goes with none of her other albums. You know how it goes: Fearless, Lover, and Speak Now, it makes no sense! It makes me pressed, and I don’t even listen to her like that.” –Madeline Santos, Freshman

“I love Shakira! She’s such an icon. My hips don’t lie.” –Mario Idiarte, Senior

BJs Restaurant
View Comments (1)