Changing the curtains: Isabella Chavez performs in the spotlight

Donated by Isabella Chavez

Black and white stripping screwed together, squeaking and clapping as wooden plates clash together, calling for actors to transform into their characters. Voicing their memorized lines as the camera rolls in front of them, multiple staff members standing feet away capturing the teens in front of them living their dream, and acting out their directed documentary. Starring in a lead role known as Vanessa, Isabella Chavez’s connections to the film offered her a fresh direction into her acting career to showcase past her love for theater.

Acting caught Isabella’s eye at the age of 14 as she had “always loved being on camera and portraying different characters.” The concept of portraying unique personalities behind different names intrigued her, and inspired her youthful mind to learn the ways of acting. As a method of blocking out the chaotic stress of reality, Isabella receives “a lot of peace from working with the arts.”

Immersing herself in the filming environment, Isabella mentions how it has made her a much busier person. Isabella learned how to turn life into “a balance between both a social life and a career.”  With constant support from family, friends, and those closest to her, it has kept her motivated and calm while working behind the scenes. 

According to Isabella, her first documentary film, Six Months Til’ Impact, is “ a film following the lives of a young couple as they only have 6 months left until the world ends.” Individuals all react differently after receiving harsh news, and as the world begins its counts down on existence, the film centers around characters filming their last months on a “quest for meaning,” according to the trailer. 

Although she remains signed to a different agency, this opportunity allowed her to broaden her horizons and showcase her talents for the film industry. “I met them [the film team] through another friend at the West Broward film production,” states Isabella, emphasizing how crucial connections and communications are key to earning the spotlight, as they truly assisted her in earning acting opportunities.

All characters face their own inner battles, receiving the news as differently as they count down the time they have remaining on the planet. While the film itself has its own distinctive elements, Isabella describes the film as having a “great deal with the idea of existentialism” as well as composing “several genres to make a unique storyline which I really love!” 

As she awaits the grand premiere of the film, Six Months Til’ Impact, Isabella continues to work with the production team to fulfill her first short documentary. Underneath her outfit and stage name, her fans eagerly anticipate the uncloaking of her next grand project.