Charter’s choice of movies to watch as it gets chilly outside

Evan Omana

From bundling in a sweater to go out and ice skate, to cozying up in a blanket to stay the night in and binge watch movies, December is a time for everyone to enjoy. Many people have winter celebrations in common, some with the same traditions, customs, and selections of holiday movies to choose from– but everyone has a different favorite.

“My favorite holiday movie is Elf. This is my all time favorite because it is absolutely hilarious and fun spirited. Ever-time I watch it I can’t help but giggle at Buddy the elf and his sweet, innocent personality in the real world.” -Natalia Klatt, Senior

“Charlie Brown Christmas. That’s a good movie; it’s from the ‘60s. It has a banger soundtrack, its animation is cozy, and it’s also just relatable. You watch it, and it’s very nostalgic. You’re watching it, and you’re like Charlie Brown’s cool. A Christmas Carol too. That one was creepy. Same reason as [Charlie Brown Christmas].” -Bryan Kandic, Senior

“My favorite holiday movie has to be The Nightmare Before Christmas. All of the festive music does it for me. Being in band I can really appreciate the minor details in the songs. I also have so many memories tied down to this movie since it’s a family tradition to watch it in December.” – Leo Salazar, Junior

“I really like the movie Home Alone because it’s just a really funny and adventurous rollercoaster of fun. I’ve always loved watching it growing up and just enjoy watching it with friends and family because it’s really funny to me, and the traps Kevin laid out were actually really good.” – Faiqah Sheikh, Junior

“My favorite holiday movie is probably A Christmas Story. My family and I watch it all day on Christmas, and it always reminds me of the holiday spirit. There’s also some funny parts like when Ralph’s brother falls in the snow and can’t get up because he has too many coats on.” – Jeremy Geldres, Freshman