A Music Takeover

Concerts Coming to Florida & New Tunes

Marissa Levinson, Staff Writer

It’s late at night, and a streak of moonlight beams through the window after dark as the clock strikes midnight. The anticipation rises as you open the music app and tap play, hearing the first note of your new favorite album. For fans of Camila Cabello, April 8th brought this moment to life with the release of her third solo album, Familia. With more Spanish influences in her songs than her preceding albums, Camila and Romance, Familia widens the pop star’s range of music. The 12 track album features artists such as Willow and Ed Sheeran, offering unique sounds to the record.

Memories of a crowd singing in harmony are made as an artist takes the stage. Numerous singers are bringing this exhilaration to Miami, as the thrill of going to a concert begins with the white glow of a laptop open in front of you. 

“Buy tickets now.”

One click of a button, and you’ll be counting down the days until you walk through an arena filled with an electrified audience. Pembroke Pines Charter High School sophomore Sophia Echemendia is among the many people who had tickets in hand to see Bad Bunny’s “El Ultimo” tour, which was in Miami from April 1st to the 3rd. “I’m most excited to see our view because we’re sitting so close in the 7th row, and I’ve never been that close in an arena concert before.” Sophia’s excitement surged prior to the show, as she refers to experiencing his concert in-person as “unreal.” Long time fan and sophomore at PPCHS, Emily Gonzalez, relives her joyous memories of when Bad Bunny “took a super long pause and was just taking in the audience and the energy as everyone was chanting his name.” As someone who is familiar with standing in the audience at one of his shows, Emily appreciates “seeing how much he’s grown” as an artist. 

Shawn Mendes and The Weeknd will soon also be making their way to Florida on their tours across the globe. Wonder: The World Tour kick starts in June, with the Miami concert set to take place October 8th, while the After Hours Til Dawn tour commences on July 8th, taking place in Miami on August 6th.