The National Merit Finalist: Brady Garrison

March 1, 2022

Photo by Jeinily Bencon

Since the beginning of Pines Charter, there have always been extremely intelligent students come through those doors and for the class of 2022, Brady Garrison has led the way. Starting off his high school journey by taking many advanced and challenging classes and greatly succeeding, allowed him to set the tone for his academic career. During his junior year, Brady excelled with his PSAT score(s) allowing him to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship. Becoming a semi finalist for Brady was something he “looks forward to seeing as the final result [he can gain] from the program.” For Brady, the process was somewhat lengthy, with having to complete an application that included essays, recommendations, standardized test scores, and a resume that would allow him to show him qualifications for the esteemed scholarship. Being a part of the schools top 5% has also put a lead onto him eligible for the award, representing the school and himself. With the requirements, Brady became a finalist throughout the state of Florida and quickly moved onto a national semifinalist.

With the scholarship acquired in Florida, Brady is able to qualify for the Benacquisto Foundation Scholarship as a national merit finalist for most Florida schools. Brady has worked tremendously hard to achieve these opportunities, and that’s not stopping him anytime soon. College is just around the corner and for Brady that means even more opportunity.