Photo by Dylan Padron

Representing Charter on the Final Day

Day 5: Fear the Paw

Jerseys from years ago, a mixture of the past class shirts, and burgundy hand prints with polka dots all over people’s bodies. The final day for the 2021-2022 pep rally was definitely a throwback into the Fear the Paw theme. Students represented Pines Charter by wearing their older siblings’ clothes, many kids on top of that put burgundy and white paint on their faces and body to represent the school colors. The week was super exciting seeing everyone with their outfits taking pictures and posting, the final day topped it off as it was a very subtle way to be creative.

Many students planned their week out in excitement for participating in the different themes throughout the week.  Natalia Nunez, a sophomore this year had to say that “ For my first year dressing up for spirit week, I couldn’t wait to wear my sister’s old softball jersey, I planned to wear it my freshman year but didn’t get the chance so it was really a proud sister moment.” This is only one student out of many that went all out for their outfit for the day.

The spirit theme of representing the school isn’t a new one; it has been a common theme for awhile now it’s almost like the OG way of ending spirit week. It’s a great time painting friends’ faces. On top of that, it looks cute in pictures and that’s what it’s all about. Many kids were taking photos on the outside stepway for the River of Grass Auditorium at their lunches and before/after school. Omar Samuel a Junior at Pines Charter said “I took a clip of my fits and posted them throughout the week ending it with my favorite throwback basketball tee.” Everyone continuously posted and shared cute ideas on all surfaces of social media. 

The big idea for the day was to show Charter student’s school spirit through the many school colors and different uniform shirts. Pines Charter Students definitely understood the assignment for the last day of spirit week, fashionable yet on the mark for the theme. There isn’t a better way to end the week than representing school spirit.

CHAT News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in