Senior Signing Day!

Kimani Dodd, Staff Writer

This year’s signing day has definitely been different. Many students had the chance to visit, apply and receive acceptance to colleges in the county. However, many spring college visits got cancelled due to Coronavirus. Despite the pandemic, colleges still found a way to make it work. Some colleges offered virtual campus tours along with live meetings with admission counselors and student representatives. 

A common theme found by Mrs. Fernandez (Brace Advisor) was that a majority of Charter students prioritize schools based on financial responsibility rather than where they truly wanted to go. Some of the most popular schools students chose included UCF, NSU, FIU, USF, UF, FAU, FGCU. Georgetown, and Stetson University.  She was pleased to see lots of students taking advantage of Florida’s wonderful colleges and universities. Her advice for the class of 2021 and beyond is to plan ahead! Mrs.Fernandez suggests, “students make a list of at least 4 schools they’re considering, organize how and what is needed to apply to those schools, and to get applications in before the 1st deadline.” While the next signing day may seem far away, the reality is that senior year is known for flying by!