The “key” to more success: Mr. Biggerman!

Tatiana Cruzado

Students of all grades fill the cafeteria as the Key Club officers prepare themselves with positive energy and ideas for the year ahead. With new additions and arrivals, Key Club goes in a different direction this year—especially with a new advisor: Mr. Biggerman.

From compassionate blood drives to a heartwarming Christmas toy drive, Key Club is very involved in contributing to the community. In addition to all their donation drives, they also incorporate projects, such as bookmark-making, holiday door-decorating, and community clean-ups! With that, they allow students to gain leadership skills and countless volunteer hours. 

When Mr. Biggerman and students heard about the new positions that Key Club was offering, they were all reeled in. Mr. Biggerman became invested in the concept of contributing and benefiting the community, as well as encouraging students to participate for many years. Proudly, he mentions, “The opportunity was there and was presented to me, and knowing what Key Club does, I thought it would be great to get involved with.” 

As a math teacher, he also aspires for Key Club to practice different skills that are needed for the future, from empowering your voice, to learning about issues around the world, and more. They also bring awareness to underrepresented communities through their variety of activities.

With confidence in his voice, Mr. Biggerman feels, “I should just allow the board to do their job. In other words to lead, organize, and just oversee what is going on. And not necessarily be heavily involved, but to watch them run the club and blossom.” Although Biggerman wants the officers to take charge, he also makes sure to pitch in new ideas that will make this Key Club one that students can enjoy. 

Similar to how the student officers envision Key Club to make a change and help and strengthen one another, so does Mr. Biggerman. As the organization has played a vital role at PPCHS, Mr. Biggerman plans to continue on its legacy.

As he shares his main goals for this school year, Biggerman explains, “My number one intention is to make sure everything runs smoothly and take the opportunity to see the membership grow, which seems it has this year which I was pretty excited about from our first meeting.” 

With the excitement building up for the upcoming year, Mr. Biggerman cannot wait to get to know everyone and form a family with them. With that, even though he has taught for a reasonable amount of time, he still opens himself up to receive advice from the senior officers or advisors from another club.

As the anticipation for the new year is ahead, Mr. Biggerman and his new position as the Key Club advisor will only grow more. This year holds plenty of potential for Charter’s Key Club chapter, and the year is only beginning!