Looking to Enter the Florida Prepaid Scholarship Raffle?

What You Need to Know!

Daniel Morrison, STAFF WRITER

The Florida Prepaid Scholarship Raffle is a fundraiser hosted by the Pembroke Pines Charter School Foundation. 

Entering would allow one to win a Florida Prepaid Scholarship for a 4-year Florida University which prepays tuition, registration fees, the tuition differential fee (the amount charged after regular tuition to support undergraduate services), and local fees for 120 Undergraduate Semester Credit Hours. 

Alejandro Puig, a freshman, looks forward to the opportunity of having a prepaid scholarship. “It is not something you get the chance to have every day,” he said. Each raffle ticket is $100 and only 1,000 will be distributed total. They are administered on a First-Come, First-Serve system. Additionally, availability closes on Friday, May 14, 2021–so do not wait!

The winner can redeem their prepaid scholarship at any participating Florida university. They include: Florida A&M University, Florida Atlantic University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Florida International University, Florida Polytechnic University, Florida State University, New College of Florida, University of Central Florida, University of Florida, University of North Florida, University of South Florida, and University of West Florida. 

Ninth grader Coralie Richardson is looking into the raffle. “If I win the raffle, it would allow me to have smoother education at a college I love.” She plans on staying at college close to home. “The raffle would also give me a good head start on paying for tuition,” she also said.  And like the foundation says, now is the time to start saving for a college future. 

The lucky winner will be selected on May 19, 2021 at the City of Pembroke Pines Commission Meeting via a livestream at 6:30 P.M. 

The raffle is a considerable opportunity to prepay for certain fees at select Florida colleges. But time is limited! If interested visit, https://ppcsf.ourraffle.org for more information. Good luck!