Salon 184

Gesture of love: The Class of 2025’s Valentine’s Grams

During February, teachers eagerly haste the workload, preparing for the immense testing of spring, and the quarter deadline to come. In the midst of this bustling season, the graduating class of 2025 hosted a happy sale of Valentine’s grams. 

For the price of $2, students could purchase one ‘decorated rose’ (a single rose paired with ‘baby’s-breath’). With an addition of $3 (coming up to $5 in total), students can add a teddy bear to their gram. 

According to junior Emily Rodriguez, the bears sold within the gram were a decent size this year.  “It was small, but it was not small enough that you’d be like, wow, that’s so tiny.” she says.

Alongside substantial teddy bears, the class also sold real roses, donated by a company that puts unused flowers to good use. “We were donated, like, around 400,” reports junior Mckenna Gregory, a student council member who worked around the clock to make the grams possible.

The sale extended from the 29th of January to the eighth of February. On the 13th, juniors dispersed and delivered the ‘grams’.

By the generous efforts of the class, over 250 people received a lovely Valentine’s gram this year. Some received ‘grams’ , fully aware of who paid and specifically sent them out. Others received anonymous goodies with sweet messages written on them nonetheless. 

Among the crowd who found importance in receiving, students also found joy in giving. Freshman, Reagan Koch, recorded how she enjoyed giving a ‘gram’ to her friend: “It lets people know how you appreciate them and how you understand them. Like, I sent one to my friend. She was like, “that was so sweet”, because I was not having a good day or not having a good week, so it made her feel better.” 

With another lucrative fundraiser, the class of 2025 is making their way to a successful future.  Along with the help from their peers and teachers, the student council continues to just keep giving more and more.

Salon 184