Photos By Lisset

Charter’s Swim Team dives into states!

Donated by: Giada Porven

Following a flawless season, Captains Lucas Porven, Kaitlyn Jorgensen, and Carolina Arguelles led Pines Charter’s Swim team to States! With swimmers—new and returning—getting to experience a remarkable competition at States in Ocala, the Swim Team got to compete in a new outdoor pool that they had never competed at. Ms. Calero shares on behalf of the swimmers, “It [the competition] was an amazing experience. Being able to swim alongside the fastest swimmers made it challenge themselves [swimmers] to do better. The swimmers also said that the experience of getting on the block and seeing all the spectators was awesome.”

One of the Swim team members, Junior Abraham Peñaloza, made it to the finals, which can be tough, but rewarding. The atmosphere of music and support made him realize that his hard work paid off. “This experience made me want to work harder and reach the next level,” he says. Another team member, Sophomore Giada Porven, tells that she “didn’t expect to make it to States at the beginning of the season, but I [Giada] worked hard and went to every practice, sometimes doing double practices and it paid off. It was an incredible experience and I had a lot of fun!”

The Swim Team continues to make Charter proud, and with the effort and dedication all of the members put in, the team will continue to leave a mark and dive their way into States!

View Comments (2)