Holiday Quote Board

Paula Lillquist, NEWS EDITOR

I’m happy to spend time with my family after all the bonding we had during quarantine, after school started all of us got busy again so this break will be good to get together again.

• Freshmen, Sarah Schnell 

I’m mainly looking forward to this break off of school! As a freshman, this is not what I expected high school to be like. Not being in person has been a bit of a learning curve to say the least. I am definitely going to be happy to spend time with my family. I am also looking forward to playing soccer with some of my friends! 

• Freshmen, Sophia Torchia

What I’m looking forward to the most is just spending time with my family and friends. Although we will be social distancing it will be nice to see them without having the stress of school on my shoulders. 

• Sophomore, Isabella Tamayo

I’m looking forward to spending this Christmas in Pembroke Pines Charter this year. I’m moving next year to Orlando so it’s going to be nice to be with all my friends one last time.

• Junior, Megan Lear

During this holiday season, I’m happy because of the fact that I know that I can kind of breathe for a little bit. It is so calming to look at Canvas and for once instead of seeing a never ending list of assignments, it is empty. And just knowing that I can be present in the moment with the people that I love to share these holidays with is something I don’t take for granted. With Thanksgiving we kind of lose this stress free feeling because we think of midterms, SAT, and upcoming assignments, but now we can just not think about school for a little, which is something that doesn’t happen often so I’m very appreciative when it does. 

• Junior, Stephanie Manrique

I’m happy for an opportunity to relax and see people happy this season, that’s something I haven’t seen in so long this year. With everything that’s going on, I’m excited that the holidays are an oasis that we can use to make ourselves full of joy.

• Senior, Edward Williams 

I feel like school has been so stressful for me especially since it is all online, I have to manage my time a lot better. I feel like this holiday season is going to bring a lot of calming especially since I finished all my college applications.

• Senior, Kamryn Jorgensen